Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 5.0 Cyanogen Mod?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 makoj

makoj
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SGS Player 5.0
  • CM Version:
    Unknow
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

hy

I have a Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 készülékem.És I would like to ask why the device is not supported on Cyanogen team? (Same as the Samsung Galaxy S phone)

I guess I should just CHANGE SGS cyanogen ROM's done and you will be ICS, SGS WiFi 5.0 for JB as well.

Thank you for your response.

#2 T3STY

T3STY
  • Members
  • 170 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1.0 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Even if model name is similar hardware is different. Galaxy S and galaxy S Advance for instance have different hardware, while the only "visible" change in characteristics seems to be the 1.2GHz CPU speed instead of the 1.0GHz on standard Galaxy S.
It may seem an easy task porting from one model to another, but different hardware causes the software to behave differently and to use differently the hardware itself. If there's no official support for SGS 5 WiFi it means that either the ROM is totally incompatible at the moment or it wasn't tested on that particular model.
If you're feeling lucky you may want to use your device as a test subject, but remember that you may encounter hard problems, even ones that may not have a solution (yet) or a real irrecoverable hard brick that may turn your device beautifully useless.

Edited by T3STY, 10 December 2012 - 05:09 PM.