Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Would Like To Mod Softwinerevb Tablet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 matthew_ellis24

matthew_ellis24
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    SoftwinerEvbV13
  • CM Version:
    not sure
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hello, I've been looking in to this for a few days and am struggling to get anywhere. I have been given a generic, brandless android tablet running android 4.0.3, and having seen how well a friend is getting on with cyanogenmod on his phone thought I could install it on my tablet. But so far no luck as I can't find the appropriate files.

The model number shows as softwinerEvbV13 and the build number as crane_evb_v13-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120412 test-keys. I don't know if that's useful or not!

The tablet is rooted, and appears to be rooted as standard (if you do a factory reset it comes back rooted). I can't seem to get in to boot mode (holding down the volume down brings up an android on its back with red exclamation mark (apparently a pre-boot screen), but no combination of buttons seems to move me to the boot loader. I have installed rom manager and gooapps to tgry and boot into the recovery mode, but also no luck. Mind you this is all jumping the gun really as I don't have a rom to install when I get there.

I don't really know where to go from here and would appreciate some help.
Many thanks.

#2 dsulliii

dsulliii
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    T-Mobile HTC Vision G2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hi Matthew.  I also acquired such an animal.  Mine is a Michley Tivax "MiTraveler" 10-inch generic tablet with ICS 4.0.3 on it.  It's also a crane build.  Mine is a model bc1077, so the build number (which apparently is also the "rom number") is crane_bc1077....something or other.  Similar to yours.  Enough-so that I think we're close to dealing with a nearly-similar animal.

I am responding because of your inability to navigate the boot-mode menu.  THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!!  But I ACIDENTALLY discovered that Mr. Crane (or whoever the maestro is) pre-configured them to respond to keyboard input.  I bought mine with an optional USB keyboard and I love it.  But when I was doing experimental stuff on it (such as you are), There was NO way to navigate the menu which was useless.

BUT... one of the times I was playing around, I had the keyboard plugged in.  TO MY SURPRISE, the menu responded to the cursor-arrows ON THE KEYBOARD!!!

So that's the trick.  Get a compatible USB keyboard that has cursor arrows and your problem is solved.  Mine was, anyway.

Good luck.

BY THE WAY... I REALLY WANT TO FIND A COMPTIBLE ROM FOR THESE THINGS!  So let's stick together on this.

THANKS!

David Sullivan

Edited by dsulliii, 20 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#3 dsulliii

dsulliii
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    T-Mobile HTC Vision G2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

By the way, Matthew, one of my sons and I have been scouring the Internet for similarities with the Crane-based tablets and whatever else is out there.  SO far, it seems that those with the Allwinners a10 seem to be an exact-near critter.  I haven't been brave enough to take my chances and TRY it yet though because we're still searching and comparing.  My biggest concern so-far is that it seems that all the a10s I've found are 7-inch.  Mine's a 10-inch.

#4 madeza

madeza
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    pe - Peru
  • Device Model:
    gt-s5570
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod-7.2.0-tass
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hey guys
does somebody did the mentioned before..?
I´m looking for some step by step about new rom