Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[Tuto][Neo/neo V] How To Install Cyanogenmod 10

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 sd.rudra

sd.rudra
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    neo v
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

dugzino, on 09 April 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Ok, let me ask you some questions since you're not giving me any informations.

Did you flash latest ICS ROM released for your device before? (...Before proceeding to kernel flashing)
If not (or not sure), you can download it here > http://www.mediafire...tfzo12n5hsrzaoa < and flash it with Flashtool
Once flashed, boot phone, go through install steps then shut down the device and try to flash kernel again.

Which .zip file did you download?
Provide me the link from where you downloaded it.

dear sir ,

i have flashed my phone with the ICS ROM's link given by you.

the zip downloded by me is cm-10-20130407-NIGHTLY-haida and gapps is gapps-jb-20121011-signed.

i have downloded both from this forum.

as you told me i had flashed the cell and try to flash kernel again.

this time also it showed me that   Remote (the device must be rooted first )

like it showed yesterday .

i follow the exact procidure as given you.

what should i do now please tell me ..

#82 Gusmeister

Gusmeister
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    be - Belgium
  • Device Model:
    Sony Xperia Neo V
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hi all,

I tried to install cyanogenmod 10 following this video (https://www.youtube....h?v=TrP-IBuAeN0). Everything worked as shown in the video: unlocked bootloader, rooted my device with some bin4ry tool, and then used Flashtool to flash the kernel (similar to what's described in this tutorial). Everything seemed to go perfect, but when I restarted my device (while pressing volume down key) to go into ROM flashing, nothing happened. The LED did turn purple, but nothing on the screen. The screen was backlit however. Whatever I try now, (booting in fastboot mode, connecting to PC, ...), nothing happens. Depending on what I do, I have a blue, purple, red and even green LED, but I have no clue on what this means. Is there anything I could do to restart the whole process from the beginning and install CM10 after all, or am I totally f'ed?

Thanks a lot guys,

a desperate noob.

#83 yossarianTN

yossarianTN
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    sk - Slovakia
  • Device Model:
    Hallon
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

@Gusmeister  I suggest you to search for solution of your problem here : http://forum.xda-dev...play.php?f=1276 . You should find plenty information about installation of ROMs there. Hope it helps you.

#84 roman1995

roman1995
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    gr - Greece
  • Device Model:
    Xperia Neo V
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

hi everyone I asked something and no one reply to me .... I want to restore my xperia neo v mt11i to custom ics or gingerbeard rom with superuser .. Now I have cyanogen mod 10 but I want HD again.... please reply :rolleyes:

#85 Pradeep5383

Pradeep5383
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    haida (Xperia Neo V)
  • CM Version:
    FXP216-cm-10-20130419-UNOFFICIAL-haida
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I am new to installing custom ROM, tried it for first time, and so far it looks great
Have installed FXP216-cm-10-20130419-UNOFFICIAL-haida on my Xperia Neo V
Now I have all apps installed (that I needed, and not those provided with Stock version), and still I have over 160 Mb of phone memory available (have moved apps to sd card wherever possible).With Stock version, used to have hardly 30-40 Mb of free space with fewer apps
Phone and all apps are pretty responsive and I am happy with the switch
Bluetooth, compass and other sensors also seem to work fine, Both cameras are also working, and Picture quality I guess is same as before. Have not checked Video quality yet, but as mentioned by others it will not recored HD videos.. but thats fine with me I guess
Now I can also use Google Now, though might take some time getting good use of it

Thanks for the wonderful ROM and making my device lot more useful!!

Edited by Pradeep5383, 23 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#86 cool2998

cool2998
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    mt11i
  • CM Version:
    FXP151-cm-10-20121214-UNOFFICIAL-haida
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

my what's app message notification/sync is sometimes not working since FXP 215, never had any issues in all previous releases. Anybody else having such issue or is it just me?

#87 dugzino

dugzino
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:dugzino
    al - Albania
  • Device Model:
    Mako
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

cool2998, on 25 April 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

my what's app message notification/sync is sometimes not working since FXP 215, never had any issues in all previous releases. Anybody else having such issue or is it just me?

Did you push What's App to your SD card? If yes, that's it. If not, check if syncing is enabled.

#88 yossarianTN

yossarianTN
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    sk - Slovakia
  • Device Model:
    Hallon
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I have FusioN kernel v5.4 and last CM 10 (...421) and GPS DONT WORK for me. Does anybody have this same problem?

:// Nevermind, I figured it out. New kernel dont need modules, so I have to delete it manually.

Edited by yossarianTN, 27 April 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#89 Gurditt29

Gurditt29
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Xperia Neo V
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Bro, I have Xperia Neo V, I have installed the cm10 using above method, but the first boot is taking forever to complete, I am stuck on the rotating cyanogen screen for the last 30 minutes. Please help me out.......

#90 yossarianTN

yossarianTN
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    sk - Slovakia
  • Device Model:
    Hallon
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Did you do full wipe (erase data, cache, dalvik cache) before flashing ROM? Did you flash/use kernel from zip? Did you download ROM for NEO or NEOv ?

#91 skaluva

skaluva
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    xperia neo v
  • CM Version:
    cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-haida
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hi dug,
I followed your steps for upgrading ICS to Jellybean on my xperia neo v. Before starting, i was really scared(this is first time i'm doing like this) but once i followed your steps, worked like charm. Not even single issue i found.

Now my phone is with Jellybean ( though sony not providing official update :P !). Thanks a lot!

#92 nimboma

nimboma
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    es - Spain
  • Device Model:
    neo
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Guys, I have a problem, I have a Neo and I want to install that Cm10, but when i want to install the ROM, it says that can't mount /sdcard/, what can i do now? I tried to go to mount but keeps saying error mounting /sdcard/. What can I do now? I resolved that but NOW I got stuck at freexperia logo for more than 10 minutes!

Edited by nimboma, 05 May 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#93 dugzino

dugzino
  • Members
  • 89 posts
    al - Albania
  • Device Model:
    Mako
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

nimboma, on 05 May 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Guys, I have a problem, I have a Neo and I want to install that Cm10, but when i want to install the ROM, it says that can't mount /sdcard/, what can i do now? I tried to go to mount but keeps saying error mounting /sdcard/. What can I do now? I resolved that but NOW I got stuck at freexperia logo for more than 10 minutes!

I don't get it. Installation doesn't require to touch any mounting process at all..
Tell me what you did exactly. I want details because I can't help you people when you just come up with "It's stuck there" and that's it.
I need to know everything about what you did. And please don't say "nothing, I just followed your steps" because, you'd be lying and I wont help you then.

#94 nimboma

nimboma
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    es - Spain
  • Device Model:
    neo
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

dugzino, on 06 May 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

I don't get it. Installation doesn't require to touch any mounting process at all..
Tell me what you did exactly. I want details because I can't help you people when you just come up with "It's stuck there" and that's it.
I need to know everything about what you did. And please don't say "nothing, I just followed your steps" because, you'd be lying and I wont help you then.

It was my fault, finally I could install it! The whole mobile goes so good! Any tip or something to increase the duration of the battery?

#95 shamseer

shamseer
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    qa - Qatar
  • Device Model:
    xperia neo
  • CM Version:
    MT15I
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

I all redy instal in my phone cyanogenmod 10 (my phone model sony ericson xperia neo mt15i

But not working HDMI AND PANORAMA MODE  . HOW TO FIX IT

PLEASE HELP ME

#96 Mac2thaPac

Mac2thaPac
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    Hallon
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

shamseer, on 13 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I all redy instal in my phone cyanogenmod 10 (my phone model sony ericson xperia neo mt15i

But not working HDMI AND PANORAMA MODE  . HOW TO FIX IT

PLEASE HELP ME

It will not work, I dunno about the panorama but I know that the HDMI is a problem that is most likely never gonna work if your not on stock rom.

#97 gggfff

gggfff
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    MT15i
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

dugzino, on 01 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

No, no need to format /system when you come to CM10 from CM9. Forgot to mention.
Coming from CM9 is like upgrading between 2 CM10 versions.
In anyway, even formating the system, wont harm the device, so nothing to worry about.

If you format and then try to flash (there's a very few chances of this happening) and get the [Status 7] error, just go in the ROM.zip in this folder META-INF\com\google\android and open updater-script
and just delete those 3 lines (which are the first ones)
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "MT15i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "MT15i" ||
	 getprop("ro.product.device") == "MT15a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "MT15a" ||
	 getprop("ro.product.device") == "hallon" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hallon");

But like I said, not obligated to go through format /system :)

Could you please explain how to delete those lines. Do I need Android kitchen for that? Seems like it requires a huge amount of effort to do such a little edit on a single text file.

Also would be nice if someone could file a bug for this. The bugtracker exposes your email address so I'm not going to do that.

Edited by gggfff, 18 May 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#98 dugzino

dugzino
  • Members
  • 89 posts
    al - Albania
  • Device Model:
    Mako
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

gggfff, on 18 May 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Could you please explain how to delete those lines. Do I need Android kitchen for that? Seems like it requires a huge amount of effort to do such a little edit on a single text file.

Also would be nice if someone could file a bug for this. The bugtracker exposes your email address so I'm not going to do that.

Yes, it demands a lot of effort to double click on the zip file and go to the mentioned folder, open the file and delete those 3 lines.
Most of time when "Status 7 error" happens, it's because of the user not the devs.

HDMI will never work on CM for the Sony 2011 devices.

#99 nimboma

nimboma
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    es - Spain
  • Device Model:
    neo
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Guys, I have a weird problem, since this morning, my Wi-Fi in mobile isnt working, its like not connecting, I tried different wifi apps on mobile and they cant connect to any wifi, its like the wifi of the mobile gone off or something! Yesterday the wifi was working good. What can I do now?

Im using a Neo with Hallon ROM

#100 vinayfun

vinayfun
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Sony Eric Xperia Neo V
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi Guys, i am new here and posting for the first time. I am stuck after the step of Kernel flashing. I have Neo V, using FXP222...20130531...-haida, Everything worked perfect before rom flashing. Once i boot my device for rom flashing and press volume down button, CWM recovery mod opens. I am able to move with in the options however, if i confirm it, nothing happens. Been stuck for about an hour. Your help would appreciated.

i am using gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip and FXP222-cm-10-20130531-UNOFFICIAL-haida.zip Rom. Have ensured that bootloader is unlocked, android is ver 4 ( mine is 4.0.1), downloaded required rom and google apps from links given in the first post. Placed downloaded ROm and gapps in SD card. and followed the kernal flashing process.

Please suggest where i went wrong...