Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Usb Mass Storage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 klen dool

klen dool
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    nz - New Zealand
  • Device Model:
    i9300
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hi All

I am currently running 10-20121210-NIGHTLY-i9300, and when I plug my phone into a computer I am able to mount the external sdcard as a usb mass storage device. I updated to the latest nightly a couple days ago 10.1-20130108-NIGHTLY-i9300, and when I plugged my phone into a computer, the status bar said "connected as an installer" and I was unable to choose to use mass storage - only mtp and ptp. So, I went back to 10-20121210-NIGHTLY-i9300.

Is usb mass storage supposed to work? Is it planned for usb mass storage to work in this rom, or is support dropping? I find mtp to be unusably slow, and it doesn't show all the files anyway. usb mass storage has some dumbness as well, but at least its fast....

#2 tirramissu

tirramissu
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ru - Russian Federation
  • Device Model:
    Samsung gt-i9300
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm interested in it too :) I hoped to get mass storage feature from this mod.