Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Internal Server Error 500 - Connection Refused

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adamrharding

adamrharding
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1-20130123 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hi

I Regualrly/daily update to the latest nightlies and am running 10.1 20130114.  Since about 10.1 20130110 I have been experiencing the above error whenever trying to use my data package.  This applies for Dolphin and Tunny Browsers, the market, and anything else that uses my Orange UK data connection.  I have checked with the carrier and have over 100Mb still unused, so it is not that.  I thought it might be down to less than 100Mb free on internal SD, so cleared a load out, but still no joy.  Looking online, I found a reference to the APN and hence making a connection that may not exist, is my carrier refusing my data connection as it's format has somehow changed?  I notice that when a page is loading the up/down arrow flashes up for 1 second and then drops and gives the error.  It is like the handshake between my phone and the carrier has gets rejected?

I know this is a complete stab in the dark and for more information I experience no problems over Wi-FI.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologise, and am happy for it to be moved.

Cheers

Adam

Galaxy SII - GT-I9100 Android Version 4.2.1

I could always alter the APN but am wary of the consequences if I fail.

Edited by adamrharding, 15 January 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#2 adamrharding

adamrharding
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1-20130123 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Right, reverted to 20130109 and 20130102 and no change so went back to 20130114.  Deleted the APN's and re-created them and still get the 500 error.  It seems Orange is stopping me connecting.  Weirdly, also, on one of the settings APN Type is originally had 'default' and 'supl'.  So added default, no joy, then supl but still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by adamrharding, 15 January 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#3 adamrharding

adamrharding
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1-20130123 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Okay for anyone else, I have found a solution;  factory reset.

Did that after backing up and hey presto no more 500 errors, hope someone finds this useful

#4 Flyffe Myrddin

Flyffe Myrddin
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    t0lteatt
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I am currently having an almost identical problem with my Galaxy Note II(running 10.1-20130519-NIGHTLY-t0lteatt). I would prefer to keep Cyanogenmod running on my phone. Is it possible that just waiting for the next update and updating then will fix the issue? Or am I asking the wrong people?

Edited by Flyffe Myrddin, 20 May 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#5 Flyffe Myrddin

Flyffe Myrddin
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    t0lteatt
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Restoring frome a backup that I made sometime last week fixed the problem. Restoring frome the backup I just made before restoring frome last week proved a fruitless venture, as the error still occurred. When I switched back to last week's backup and updated to the most recent nightly it fixed the problem.

Edited by Flyffe Myrddin, 20 May 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#6 Flyffe Myrddin

Flyffe Myrddin
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    t0lteatt
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Conclusion: Make backups whenever you update; if given error 500, backup all apps, restore to most recent backup that does not give error 500 and update to latest nightly. Or do a factory reset. Whichever you prefer.