Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Gapps Light

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fazzieng

fazzieng
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Wanted to install market and maps only instead of full gapps package. What files exactly (google framework etc..) are required to make it possible to run market and gmaps?

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just get the latest gapps package from http://goo.im/gapps. It just contains the basic framework needed to get on the Play Store, but it doesn't include the majority of Google's apps (since they can be installed from the market). But if you want to find out what apps are in there, just open the zip, and browse to system -> app. Anything there you aren't interested in, you can remove and then flash the zip.

#3 fazzieng

fazzieng
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Managed to install and run gmaps without installing whole gapps package.. The only thing I need now is to know what files and where to paste to get market up and running. I really dont want to spoil my precious CM10.1 installation with almost 100MB of unneeded stuff. Thanks in advance for any tips..