Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Problem With A Never Ending Boot Screen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jonathanpaulii

jonathanpaulii
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I recently backed up my phone with TB and wiped it. I restored my phone using titanium and when finished it suggested a reboot. I did so and now it displays a never ending boot screen. I have the latest CM and have a Samsung galaxy S. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

#2 ragnarok89

ragnarok89
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    nexus 10
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

I had this problem on my Nexus 10, but I assume it's the same thing. I had to boot into recovery mode, clear my cache and then reboot. That was it and it worked for me, hopefully it will be the same for you.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

#3 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Most likely you restored some system-related settings, and that probably caused conflicts somewhere. When you restore via Titanium Backup, you really should only restore user apps (ones you got off the playstore) and their data. Any of the green/yellow/red apps in Titanium can potentially cause issues. You can go back into recovery and perform a Factory Reset/Data Wipe and it will bring you back to a fresh install. Then just be a bit more selective when you restore your backup :)

#4 jonathanpaulii

jonathanpaulii
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postbassmadrigal, on 05 February 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Most likely you restored some system-related settings, and that probably caused conflicts somewhere. When you restore via Titanium Backup, you really should only restore user apps (ones you got off the playstore) and their data. Any of the green/yellow/red apps in Titanium can potentially cause issues. You can go back into recovery and perform a Factory Reset/Data Wipe and it will bring you back to a fresh install. Then just be a bit more selective when you restore your backup :)
Thank you very much. In fact i just did a wipe, re-restored from Titanium and that went smoothly. I thought I had fixed the problem and when it suggested another reboot for the settings to take effect, I did, and now it is back in infinite loop. My question now is do I have to wipe the whole thing, then restore or is there a way to fix this in recovery without a wipe and long restoration proces? And how can I prevent this from happening anytime I restore? Thank you so much for your help

P.S. It took me a while to log back in so I didnt reply right away. :)

View Postragnarok89, on 05 February 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

I had this problem on my Nexus 10, but I assume it's the same thing. I had to boot into recovery mode, clear my cache and then reboot. That was it and it worked for me, hopefully it will be the same for you.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Did you have to do a factory reset, or did you only have to clear Dalvic and such?

#5 Pebcak-

Pebcak-
  • Donators
  • 481 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

What about not doing a complete restore from TB but picking and choosing what to restore? Obviously it's something that you're restoring that is causing the issue.

#6 jonathanpaulii

jonathanpaulii
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostPebcak-, on 09 February 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

What about not doing a complete restore from TB but picking and choosing what to restore? Obviously it's something that you're restoring that is causing the issue.
Thats the thing... I dont know which would be the program causing the problem. I dont get how this happened, because one day it just started and I had not changed any settings. is it possible I have a virus?

#7 Pebcak-

Pebcak-
  • Donators
  • 481 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postjonathanpaulii, on 11 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Thats the thing... I dont know which would be the program causing the problem. I dont get how this happened, because one day it just started and I had not changed any settings. is it possible I have a virus?

Odds are it's not an app but something system related you're trying restore. Start with that. Go into Titanium Backup and just restore your user apps.

#8 jonathanpaulii

jonathanpaulii
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostPebcak-, on 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Odds are it's not an app but something system related you're trying restore. Start with that. Go into Titanium Backup and just restore your user apps.
Thanks! I will try anything.