Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Htc Sensation Cyanogen 9.1.0 Firmware, Radio And Bugs.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mister_P

Mister_P
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Sensation
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 9.1, etc...
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi there!

I do own a HTC sensation 4G with the Cyanogen 9.1.0.

here is my specs :

HBOOT 1.27.1111
Radio 11.29A.3504.18_M
OPENADSP v05.6.0.2226.00.0418

Kernel Ver 3.0.36-g7290c7f
echen@aegis-i7 #2
SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 1 00:25:26 PDT 2012
Cyanogen ver 9.1.0-pyramid
Build number cm_pyramid-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76L eng..20120828.171900 test-keys
Baseband version 11.76C.3504.00U_11.29A.3504.18_M
Android Ver 4.0.4.

Before attempting to put a rom in my phone, i had all official updates installed, android upgrades and fix.

I wanted to change my ROM for faster and less RAM usage from start, it s running smoother i must say, real fast!

My problems are slow usb data storage between computer and phone about less than 1 Mbps and also problems to access to my sim card contacts, it is impossible for me to recover my contacts.

I don t know too about firmware, do i have to change it or something, what will be better if i change for another version, are the radios included in the firmware zip package?

I am surprised that with the CPU governor to ON DEMAND i cannot set the maximum freq to 1.5 Ghz, it s said that my processor can run and is stock available at that frequency for exemple with the sensation XE/XL

Is this possible to change the kernel or something else so to get that 1.5 Ghz available at the max freq setting?

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm not sure about the slow USB storage. I had that issue with my Nexus One for a long time.

For contacts on your sim, have you tried the People (Contacts) app, menu -> Import/Export -> Import from SIM Card?

Radios are not included with CM. They are a separate flash that needs to be done. Various radios can usually be found on xda, and they may possibly have insight on which ones will be best for your phone.

I'm not sure why 1.5GHz wouldn't be available unless it is just to prevent overheating of the original Sensation. But you can definitely replace the kernel with a 3rd-party one. Again, like the radios, they can be found on xda. Nobody can tell you what the "best" kernel is because it is different for each user. Have a read through the features and try them out.