Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cm 10.1 Update Script

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 STINKI

STINKI
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    Wildfire,SGS3,Milestone 1
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightly, CM10.1 Nightly, CM 7.2 Kang
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

hey ho. is it possible to add an enhanced update script or so to the integrated cm10.1 updater where i can add another zip for flashing ?

the updater downloads the newest cm10.1 nightly and flash this zip to the phone and than reboots. than i must reboot in clockwork mod and must flash other zips like kernel manually. i need an script or so what ask me befor updating the cm10.1 if i want to flash an other zip after installing the update. like clockwork rom manager or other apps. but i want it for the official cm updater. is this possible or not ? and how i do this ?

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

There is no plans to add support for additional zips to the official updater. They wanted to leave it simple to limit problems. If you want to keep your device updated while flashing additional scripts, I would check out CyanDelta (may require TWRP recovery).

#3 STINKI

STINKI
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

I have tried it whit cyandelta and cwm. Thats no Problem. The only Problem is that the files i downloaded on internal storage was not found after reboot. This may cause on mounting problems. On running system its mountet as internel SD card and in cwm or twrp its mountet as legacy/0/... And than the recovery dont find the files. I must install it manually. And thats not what we want ;)

Cyandelta loads the cm images and extrackt the updatet files. Is this OK for updating cm or is this not an sooooo good solution ?

send From my sgs3 and tapatalk 2 and sorry for my poor english :-)

#4 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

If you are having problems with files not showing up in recovery, the first thing I would check is to make sure your recovery is up-to-date. New recoveries were required because of the new Android 4.2 folder layout.

CyanDelta is not the recommended route to do upgrades. The only recommended way is to use the built-in updater. However, as you have noticed, the built-in updater is not designed for people who want to flash additional zips, so that is when you need to go off the recommended route. I flash a custom kernel, so I don't use the built-in updater. I personally use CyanDelta and have no complaints with it.

#5 STINKI

STINKI
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

My recovery is on newest Version. And the only Problem is that i download the cm update whit cyandelta and than he ask me if i want to reboot for update and than it doesent find the zips because the folder layout has changed. And then i Mu├čt search the files manualy and install it From cwm. Installing is no Problem. Just the auto install doesent work. The Rest is working fine. The cm updater dont make an Problems. Just cyandelta and flashing the kernel manualy is annoying.

#6 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I've never had any issues with CyanDelta using the wrong folder. Did you tell it to download to a different folder than the standard one? Have you tried TWRP to see if that fixes the problem? I really think CyanDelta is awesome for those of us who want to keep updated but need to flash additional things.

#7 STINKI

STINKI
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Now i testet it whit cwm based recovery not the original cwm recovery. But it dont workt. It starts and the cyandelta Logo apears and flashwork Beginns and than it aborts whit status file not found on emulated/0/cyandelta bla bla bla. How can i change the path to the update zips? I dont find anything in prefrences.

#8 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Then there probably isn't a way to change the default paths. So, have you always been using CWM-based recovery, or the official one? If you aren't using an official version of ClockworkMod, the person who developed yours may not have a newer version out that uses the new folder layout of Android 4.2. In Android 4.2 (and recoveries that were properly updated), the internal sdcard should be mounted as /sdcard, which is also mounted as a few other locations (which is the one that CyanDelta is looking for). I would try switching to the official ClockworkMod and see if that solves your problem.

#9 STINKI

STINKI
  • Members
  • 45 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

I have tried the official cwm From paid rommanager and the touch Version and cwm based recovery From stweaks/siyah kernel. No one works. Twrp can i flash later on this day. But i dont have big hope that this works.