Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

No Auto Backup Folder In Gallery?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 froscar

froscar
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    fi - Finland
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 7
  • CM Version:
    10.1.0 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

I rooted and flashed the stable 10.1.0 last night and I have a problem. I usually take pictures with my phone and have them automatically uploaded to Google and from there they automatically show up on the Nexus from where I can view and share them. However now the Auto Backup folder doesn't show up in the gallery and I have no idea how to fix it. Didn't find anything on this by googling.  Any help would be appreciated!

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I don't think this is possible with the AOSP gallery. The code required for integration to Google+ is proprietary and not able to be included with the stock CM ROM. However, you are able to extract the gallery from the gapps (which is designed to be flashed onto Nexus devices to give them photosphere) and replace the stock gallery. The downside with this is since the camera app part of the gallery, you will lose all CM customizations to the camera app.

#3 froscar

froscar
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    fi - Finland
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 7
  • CM Version:
    10.1.0 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postbassmadrigal, on 28 June 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

However, you are able to extract the gallery from the gapps (which is designed to be flashed onto Nexus devices to give them photosphere) and replace the stock gallery. The downside with this is since the camera app part of the gallery, you will lose all CM customizations to the camera app.

Lovely, it worked, thanks a bunch! I don't care about the camera app, I only use the camera for video calling anyway.