Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nexus 4 Not Recognized By Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chaosphere1983

chaosphere1983
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

I am currently using CM 10.1.2 Stable.

When I plug my Nexus 4 into my computer via USB, the phone charges, but my computer does not acknowledge my device. I've tried using different computers, and different cords to no avail. When I look at the Device Manager on Win7 64 bit, there is no indication of any portable device connected.

I've installed the Universal ADB drivers, I've turned on USB debugging, I've switched the Storage settings from MTP to PTP and vice versa. I've tested different Kernels. I removed drivers and re-installed them. I made sure no other drivers for other phone types were on my computer. I've gone through numerous forums as to what causes this problem. Numerous users share the same problem. The users mentioned all use different ROMs, including CM 10.1.

Before I flashed CM 10.1, I used stock 4.2.1 and I had no issues.

I am beginning to wonder if this is a problem with Android 4.2.2. No one seems to have a definitive answer.

Any help/feedback would be most appreciated.

#2 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

At some point did you enable fast-charging? That disables the USB component of the port so that you can get more power from chargers to charge the phone faster. You can check this with an app like Trickster Mod.

Also, it may be worth trying to revert back to stock. If you still have the issue there with multiple computers/cables, then it could be your port itself going bad.

#3 wowsher

wowsher
  • Donators
  • 8 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    T-Mobile Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I had this problem at one point and had to uninstall the Universal ADB driver (choose to delete the driver files when removing) to get Windows to recognize the device in other than ADB mode (device/file system).  I then plugged it back in, let Windows find the appropriate device driver and it showed up as a device/file system as it had previously.  This was on Windows 7 Pro sp1 x64.

Hope it helps
good luck
wowsher

#4 chaosphere1983

chaosphere1983
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

I don't recall enabling fast-charging but I will look into it. I will also remove drivers and attempt to connect on other than ADB mode.

Thank you for the feedback.