Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Has Anyone Tried A Nightly Yet ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ccandreva

ccandreva
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    G2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

So, has anyone tried installing a Cyanogen nightly yet on their Galaxy Relay ?

#2 sUb_eLiTe

sUb_eLiTe
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung SGH-T699
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

I've tried without avail. Recovery Image downloaded smoothly. When it's time to use adb to push nightlly build, bootload, radio, and gapps; I start with nightly build and receive error "error: device not found." As noted it says it's likely a PC Driver issue. I don't seem to have an issue; such libusbx.org in device properties and says device is working properly. Would like to continue to follow progress but if not able to overcome this I fear impossible. apexqtmo: if you're listening... HELP!

Edited by sUb_eLiTe, 18 August 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#3 lbcoder

lbcoder
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    apexq
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

ccandreva : lots of people have.

sUb_eLiTe : sounds like you're giving up before you even started. I don't know what to suggest regarding "pc driver issue", since I only use a real operating system any real operating system won't need anything special in terms of drivers to use adb. I can, however, suggest that if you are unable to get past this hurdle, that you don't actually *need* to pass it in that manner; just boot up the phone with whatever factory system image it came with, and copy the files you need over to internal storage, then reboot into recovery (hold volume up and home while powering it up) and install from internal sdcard.

#4 DOMF!

DOMF!
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ApexQTMobile
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Pre-emptive "Unban lbcoder" post.

#5 magamo

magamo
  • Members
  • 15 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
  • CM Version:
    11.0 Experimental
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

I know to use odin or heimdall on Windows you'll have to install USB drivers, I believe from Samsung.  The instructions are all on the CM Wiki page for the apexq.  As lbcoder mentioned, I'd put your CM nightly build zip, gapps, modem and bootloader into the root of your /sdcard directory, and flash from there once you get CWM flashed using odin or heimdall.  Note: Bootloader and Modem are only required if coming from the ICS Stock, if you're on the JB stock image, you already have those.  Also note: You want the bootloader and modem flashed up to the latest before flashing in CM and gapps.  Once CM is flashed in, perform a factory reset, and you should be all set when you reboot.

#6 sUb_eLiTe

sUb_eLiTe
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung SGH-T699
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just to be clear: use adb in recovery mode not download/boot loader mode; correct?

#7 p377y7h33f

p377y7h33f
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    G1
  • CM Version:
    CM 6.0
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

is there still a problem with wifi in the latest nightly from 10142013? or is it only when BT is enabled? would like this as a daily driver, as long as wifi works. i don't have much use for the Bluetooth currently...

#8 magamo

magamo
  • Members
  • 15 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    11.0 Experimental
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Postp377y7h33f, on 15 October 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

is there still a problem with wifi in the latest nightly from 10142013? or is it only when BT is enabled? would like this as a daily driver, as long as wifi works. i don't have much use for the Bluetooth currently...

The problem only exists when two conditions are true:

WiFi and Bluetooth are both active, connected and engaged.  The WiFi transmissions are in the 2.4GHz band.  Use 5.8GHz, and you'll be fine.  Turn off bluetooth while using WiFi and you'll be fine.

#9 magamo

magamo
  • Members
  • 15 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    11.0 Experimental
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostsUb_eLiTe, on 07 September 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

Just to be clear: use adb in recovery mode not download/boot loader mode; correct?

adb can be used in recovery and in standard system modes.  I doubt that ODIN/Download/Bootloader mode actually loads the adb daemon to listen for it.

#10 sUb_eLiTe

sUb_eLiTe
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung SGH-T699
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postmagamo, on 18 October 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

adb can be used in recovery and in standard system modes.  I doubt that ODIN/Download/Bootloader mode actually loads the adb daemon to listen for it.
I can't seem to get an adb connection in clockworkmod recovery. System booted and USB debugging enabled I have zero problems.

#11 kitesurfer

kitesurfer
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    g1
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

In 2010 i installed cyanogen 4 on my HTC G1 and it worked great!  
The hardware could not handle cyanogen 5...phone was ready to explode.

I now have a Samsung Relay.  This week I'm trying to install the most recent nightly build onto phone but I'm having issues.
T-mobile has been screwin around and I really want cyanogen on this phone!  They screw around too much.

When I bootup into recovery and import zip from sdcard and I get error:  E: failed to verify whole-file signature
Today I'm trying:  cm-10.2-20131109-NIGHTLY-apexqtmo.zip

I've researched this error and it looks like I did not properly root phone with Heimdall, nor with Odin.

Question 1:  Why can't i find a .tar.md5 file to load into Odin's PDA input for rooting?  Is an md5 file not necessary?
I dont know what file to select for Odin's PDA input.

Question 2:  Can I really just copy the apexqtmo.zip file (unzipped) onto phone's and boot into recovery mode?
Did I read that correctly above from ccandreva?

I thought I got a confirmation yesterday from Heimdall before moving forward with instructions and it still did not work for me for this sdcard zip import.

I have installed ADT Build: v22.2.1-833290 and it is working properly debugging to the relay for some simple projects.
I'm a pro with PL/SQL and trying to learn basics of JAVA ..so far I successfully broke my contact list and only see phone numbers... so every call is a surprise.

I didn't have many issues with G1 install..., but I have no idea what I am doing wrong here and I will donate cash right after getting this to work... thanks in advance for advice!  

Ripped my achilles on a sandbar last week and the wind is still blowing in south florida.  Stuck at the desk all week...helps redirect my frustration at least

#12 sandstoneco

sandstoneco
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S Relay
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hi Guys.....not sure where your problems are coming from, but I load nightlies when they come available with no problems.  I download them directly from CM Updates link in properties.  Are you sure you're doing a clean load of CM 10 + Google Apps and then downloading the latest nightly and loading that over the top?  Anyway, working great for me!!

#13 magamo

magamo
  • Members
  • 15 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    11.0 Experimental
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

The error mentioned (about signature validation) is caused either by turning on package validation in a custom recovery, or simply by attempting to flash with Stock Recovery.  I mentioned in another recent post: If you are coming from the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Stock firmware image, it includes a script in its init routine that will overwrite custom recoveries with stock recovery.  After flashing a custom recovery, do not allow the phone to reboot into stock.  Boot immediately into recovery.  Verify that you are running your custom/ClockworkMod recovery (ClockworkMod will have a grey background, stock has a black background) format /system, factory reset, and flash your CM build.  If you are looking to root your stock install, use adb from within a custom recovery to delete the specific script and image file that flashes the replacement stock recovery.