Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Transition Effect "stack" Is Very Slow (At Least In Maguro)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 redcrash

redcrash
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    es - Spain
  • Device Model:
    GT-i9250 / maguro
  • CM Version:
    CM 11 - nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Dear all,

I've just moved to CM 10.2 - nightly (yesterday's image) from CM 10.1 - nightly (from mid-july). Almost everything went smooth, but I noticed a performance drop when changing from one homescreen to another homescreen.

I have 5 homescreens and I have the "stack" transition effect selected. Homescreens 1 & 5 are currently empty. Homescreen 2 has a calendar widget (4x4, IIRC). Homescreen 3 has the clock widget, plus another widget and 2 icons to access some apps. Finally, homescreen 4 has the google keep widget (3x4, IIRC).

If I change the transition effect to "default", then it works fine, smooth. If I set it again to "stack", then transitions are slow. I've also tried "spin" and "tablet" and the performance seems reasonable.

BTW, in the drawer, if I set the transition effect to stack, I don't notice any apparent slowdown.

Best regards.