Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

How To Decrypt Phone (D2Spr) Sprint Gs3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lex1020

Lex1020
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sprint GS3
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

This is for the Sprint GS3 (D2spr) model only. Although I assume the same process will work on any GS3 PROVIDED YOU HAVE THE RIGHT FILES.

I'm posting this because I haven't really seen any forms that explain how to Decrypt the phone after encrypting it.

1st. Download this file: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1904099

2nd. Load it on your SD card. The encryption will prevent you from accessing the internal files of your Phone.

3rd. Flash said file (MD4).

4th. Reboot phone into recovery. If you don't reboot into recovery the encryption will still be there but your password won't work.

5th. You should be in stock recovery but it should say error mounting data. Format the phone.

6th. Reboot.

If everything worked right you will be back to stock rom but the phone will no longer be encrypted. You will have to reroot your phone, unless you followed the instruction in the previous link, and than reinstall CWM and reflash CM.

This is what worked for me when trying to unencrypt the phone. The encryption prevented me from factory reseting the phone and accessing files located in the internal storage from recovery mode. DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own risk. Just because it worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. It should work, but should is the important word there.