Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cm-11-20131206-Nightly-Skyrocket.zip

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 marvs827

marvs827
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    samsung skyrocket
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Not working, up all night try to fix issues had to go back to 10-2. please fix. screen just vibrated and does not come on. any one with the problem to have to flash device again and install previous nightly.

#2 Dubzga

Dubzga
  • Members
  • 33 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    i-727 S2 Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    10.1 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

I just tried to load 1207 and it factory reset the device and has crash on the home screen...is this a 4.4 build that needs a new gapps?

#3 l0pher

l0pher
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:#l0pher
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Samsung SGH i727
  • CM Version:
    Latest nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

I had no major issues with CM 11.0, except for Wifi. Wifi didn't turn on and it was running on Mobile data. Does any one else have problem with Wifi?

#4 Dubzga

Dubzga
  • Members
  • 33 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    i-727 S2 Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    10.1 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

To answer my own question, the new nightlies are cm11/ 4.4.

Flashed new gapps and it is stable but as the poster above said no WiFi connectivity. I'll bet that Bluetooth still doesn't work either.

#5 chemao

chemao
  • Members
  • 50 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    a lot
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1-CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

I had Wifi issues when I just ran an update from Jelybean with this nightly. I resolved it by formatting my /system, /data, /cache, and /sdcard directories, then reinstalling. You can probably just do a factory wipe but I like the manual approach.

A different problem I've noticed however is that the mute button doesn't work in this release. I can press it, and it will indicated the call is muted, but the other party will still hear your voice.
Another issue I noticed is that the battery life with this nightly is HOLY !@# TERRIBLE compared to Jellybean. ICS had the best battery stamina, then JB made it a little worse, but KK is really just terrible for battery life.

A positive result of this update however is that previously in JB, I had a weird bug when placing or receiving a call, it would turn on the speaker. I had to toggle the speaker on and off to get it back to the handset. If I used headphones, it would sometimes kill the headphones and switch to speaker mode.  I don't seem to have this problem so far. I have noticed the animations have been sped up and it makes the phone feel quite a bit more snappy, even though it is just faster animation.

#6 l0pher

l0pher
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Samsung SGH i727
  • CM Version:
    Latest nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

You're very true about the Mute button issue. I found it today when I was in a conference call when people complained that they heard a lot of echo from my phone eventhough I had the mute button ON.

And thanks for the Wifi fix! I'm going to try it now.

#7 radionerd

radionerd
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    sch-i727 skyrocket AT&T
  • CM Version:
    10.2.0-rc1-skyrocket
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Was running cm-10.2.0-RC1 (Which had mic problems, Mic audio was sent to speaker, and no mic audio through VOIP programs) Updated to build 11-20131215-nightly-skyrocket Now can't enable wifi.  Reverting back.

#8 l0pher

l0pher
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Samsung SGH i727
  • CM Version:
    Latest nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

radionerd, on 16 December 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

Was running cm-10.2.0-RC1 (Which had mic problems, Mic audio was sent to speaker, and no mic audio through VOIP programs) Updated to build 11-20131215-nightly-skyrocket Now can't enable wifi.  Reverting back.

As chemao mentioned above, when upgrading from CM 10 to 11, you need to wipe a few partitions. That's the only way I know of, to make Wifi working.

#9 radionerd

radionerd
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    sch-i727 skyrocket AT&T
  • CM Version:
    10.2.0-rc1-skyrocket
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

After I had problems I wiped all, and reset all. Then wifi and mic audio worked. So far so good on KitKat :-)

#10 pocketmaster

pocketmaster
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 10.1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

do we have any idea when the camera will record video as well as play video?? I noticed when I ran it a couple days ago the Skyrocket still would not record or play video.

#11 chemao

chemao
  • Members
  • 50 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    a lot
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1-CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

The mute button issue is resolved with the nightly a couple of days ago. GPS still doesn't work.

#12 chemao

chemao
  • Members
  • 50 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    a lot
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1-CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

Does anyone have a solution to the GPS problem? I can't get a GPS lock at all. I'm now running the 2013-12-30 nightly.

#13 jimithenose

jimithenose
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    sgh i727
  • CM Version:
    cyanodgen
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

since nightly 2014-01-13 i've flashed all the latest updates and my Samsung Skyrocket would not boot. The Cyanogenmod Logo would appear on the screen and divide so that now i'm looking at two boot logos... then from there the screen would go black then quickly flash on and off.  Of course I restored twice now to the 2014-01-13 nightly which works fine.  Not sure if I want to rely on future nightlies at this point.

#14 chemao

chemao
      • Members
      • 50 posts
        us - United States
      • Device Model:
        a lot
      • CM Version:
        CM10.1-CM11
      • Recovery Image:
        ClockworkMod

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS ISSUE. I found the solution! Go into your privacy settings and disable privacy guard for MAPS and GOOGLE SERVICES. After I did that, it started working perfectly!