Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

HTC Merge

ADR6325 HTC MERGE

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 RckStdy8

RckStdy8
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Verizon TP2
  • CM Version:
    Mr. X ROM
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

I was wondering when the verizon htc merge drops if it doesnt have the same problem as the g2 with rooting is it possible that you will get one and port CM to it??   Just asking bcuz i have verizon and love CM phones and thats my next phone of choice.

#2 jordanjay29

jordanjay29
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:jordanjay29
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Vision (G2)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hopefully cracking the G2 will crack all the Desire Z models.

#3 KoohKoohBird

KoohKoohBird
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:KoohKoohBird
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    htc Desire CDMA [USCC]
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC4-BravoC
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

When it is release and then rooted.... does anyone know if cyanogen mod will be supporting the HTC merge?

#4 KoohKoohBird

KoohKoohBird
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:KoohKoohBird
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    htc Desire CDMA [USCC]
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC4-BravoC
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

Is the merge part of the desire z/ g2 series? It seems to be similar but different.... hardware has cdma/gsm capabilities
So wouldn't that make it different?

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

#5 Ennon

Ennon

πκα

• Donators
  • 402 posts
  • Twitter:EnnonGShamoi
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S II (USCC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

U.S. Cellular is officially releasing the HTC Merge tomorrow, and I know for sure that some of my friends are getting it and would love CM7 on it. Add Verizon and the other regional carriers getting the Merge and we'll have a popular phone.

We just need a dev

#6 DK174

DK174
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

I just wanted to see if anyone out there had looked into a port for this to the HTC Merge. I've just recently gotten through to root on in via the forums over at XDA and am anxious to get a custom rom on my phone.

#7 snmp

snmp
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc merge
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

Ditto, I just got root on this phone and would love to get cyanogen on it.  the rooting method from the g2 is similar.

#8 knownchild

knownchild
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge
  • CM Version:
    ??
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Same here, Lets get Cyanogen on this thing!!!

#9 Taybens

Taybens
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Also want to put in my +1 for CM on the Merge. There is very little development going on for the phone aside from minor tweaks.

#10 Mehilyk

Mehilyk
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge
  • CM Version:
    Nothing... yet.
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

If and when will there be CM7 on the HTC Merge?

Thanks in advance.

#11 knownchild

knownchild
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge
  • CM Version:
    ??
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

There is now root and gingerbread on this phone!
Just thought id let you guys know.

1st you need to get s-off with this guide:
http://2fastroms.com...67&p=2159#p2159
2nd you need to update rom to gingerbread 2.3.4 with this guide:
http://www.2fastroms...81&p=2547#p2547

If only someone would start developing cyanogen for the Merge now!!
That would be fantastic.

#12 Shaboots

Shaboots
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    ADR6325 (HTC Merge)
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:14 AM

Was wondering if anyone knew of or could get a build for the Merge. I just got it rooted and really want CM7 on it.

#13 ipfreelytech

ipfreelytech
  • Donators
  • 365 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    ACS Desire (BravoC)
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

If you want to use CM why did you buy a device that isn't supported?  Most carriers that sell the merge also have a few other phones that do have CM support.

The merge has pretty small market share and is mediocre hardware so I doubt many devs will be working on it.

#14 Shaboots

Shaboots
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    ADR6325 (HTC Merge)
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

I asked if anyone could help me get CM for the Merge, not critique.

#15 DK174

DK174
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

I am with Shaboots. Looks like the Source Code was posted this week. I am willing to test if there are any additional developers that would be wanted to take a shot at this. I know 2Fast will give it a shot, but still....

On a side note:He already purchased the phone, so I'm not sure he was looking for criticism.

#16 Shaboots

Shaboots
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    ADR6325 (HTC Merge)
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Thanks DK. I personally have not yet used CM but have a few friends that highly recommended it, guessing they unaware it wasn't currently supported,  if I ended up getting my merge rooted, which I finally did. This merge is only me second android phone, after having been on a friends plan and using a droid incredible. That was through verizon though I am now uscc. Anyways I would really love to see CM for the Merge and although I am no dev and can't offer much help for fear of bricking, I am willing to share any info about the merge needed, given the proper instructions of course. Haha.

#17 Dark Reality

Dark Reality
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Acclaim
  • CM Version:
    Crappy Acclaim (root kernel)
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

I'm interested in a port of CM on the Merge as well, but I haven't bought one.

However, I respectfully disagree with ipfreelytech. While it makes sense to involve the availability of a custom ROM in the purchase decision, it shouldn't be that big of a factor. Consider: US Cellular is the only carrier that offers signal where I live. So Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile are out, unless I want a phone that only works in town... which I don't. US Cellular only has two phones that are supported. The Samsung Mesmerize and the HTC Desire (CDMA). The Desire is an old phone. Nothing wrong with the CPU but I hear it's real limited on memory. Also no hardware keyboard makes it a bad choice. Mesmerize is a Samsung and they generally make mediocre phones. Opinions aside, it also lacks a hardware keyboard. As that is a requirement, my choices are HTC Merge and LG Genesis. Merge is the better choice.

I think I'd be sacrificing more than I'd be gaining by taking the Mesmerize or the Desire over the Merge.

So Shabots, the Merge can be rooted? And do you have it for Alltel (we call them Notel around here due to their signal "quality"), Verizon (who have no towers out here, they just bought Alltel), or US Cellular? I'm wondering if rooting would be different, from carrier to carrier.

Also, sorry for the harsh bias. I wish I could choose between carriers but I can't. As for handsets, the Samsung phone I have is a joke. I know their premium phones are better, but the quality of lesser products they've put their name on must also be considered. I don't know that HTC makes bad phones. I've never heard of that. Still, Samsung's Mesmerize is supposed to be very good, and I have a license for Flex T9 via Amazon (when it was free), so I do have the best soft keyboard. And the Mesmerize is $50 less than the Merge.

Still, more choices are better than fewer.

#18 Shaboots

Shaboots
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    ADR6325 (HTC Merge)
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

@Dark Reality,   I also have an HTC Merge through US Cellular, and achieved perm root and s-off. Its a simple process really but different than most phones I rooted. It requires the creation of a "gold card" with a spare SD, adb commands, and a few flashes. Check out 2fastRoms.com. you will find what you need there.

#19 Shaboots

Shaboots
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    ADR6325 (HTC Merge)
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

On a side note, I also chose the Merge for those exact reasons. US Cellulars coverage is amazing here, and no one else has towers here. I needed the keyboard and I have not known HTC to make bad phones either. I definitely do not regret my decision. Aside from the near non existent development for it, the HTC merge is far better than most US Celluar offers.

If any Devs are working on this, and need some help, let me know. As I stated before I'm no Dev, but I'm not afraid of a challenge,  I know how to research and teach myself things. And Id love to get the ball rolling before the moss collects.

#20 lohp75

lohp75
  • Donators
  • 104 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Merge/Lexikon
  • CM Version:
    Wanting CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I chose the merge cuz I felt I took my old desire as far as it was gonna go. The merge was a new device with my carrier and was rootable so i figured cm was coming soon to it. On a sense rom this merge is smoother than my old desire running cm7 nightlies way past 7.0.3 . I really want cm on this device cuz I know it'll leave a desire in the smoke like a Ferrari to a Honda lol. There's nothing mediocre about the merge. Please work on adding it to the cm tree.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk