Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Upgrading Cyanogenmod "jellybean" To "10.2"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zubozrout

zubozrout
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    cz - Czech Republic
  • Device Model:
    LG G-Slate, HTC One X
  • CM Version:
    10.1, 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Hello,
I am a very sad owner of LG V909 aka G-Slate. As LG and T-mobile weren't satisfied with the public interest in this devices, the few users of this tablet were left with Honeycomb 3.1 and no chance of getting official ICS+ support.
Thanks to some for G-Slate users very important people, there is an existing build of CM9 and CM10, but it was not updated for more than a year now.

Here is how to get sources for CM10 "jellybean": https://code.google....Getting_Sources

I am able to build that version, but I would really wish to upgrade it to the latest Tegra2 supported branch, so 10.2. I was trying to do just this some time ago and I was even somehow able to persuade the compiler to make 10.2 version for my device, but it was a pain, the compiler was giving me a lot of errors and I had to edit a lot of files manually to make the build. >> http://rootzwiki.com...v909/?p=1447481

So, I am asking, what is the proper way to upgrade to a newer branch if my device is not supported? What is the most easiest way and what is the most prettiest way to do that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by zubozrout, 26 January 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#2 zubozrout

zubozrout
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    cz - Czech Republic
  • Device Model:
    LG G-Slate, HTC One X
  • CM Version:
    10.1, 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Well, now I noticed support for Tegra 2 was dropped with 10.2. But the question still remains, I would at least try to build CM 10.1 for my device.

Is there any workaround for getting CM 10.2 for Tegra 2 devices? It seems Xoom developers have somehow managed to build CM 11 for Tegra 2. How is that accomplished?
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2596566

#3 zubozrout

zubozrout
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    cz - Czech Republic
  • Device Model:
    LG G-Slate, HTC One X
  • CM Version:
    10.1, 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

It was quick. Building CM 10.1 wasn't that difficult after all and it is also working.
But there are few bugs I would like to solve.
1) Missing bottom panel with navigation buttons - the device seems to be stacked with phone UI instead of using tablet UI. Where should I look to set tablet UI as the default.
2) Can't access files through any application. Settings are saved, but if I launch for example a file manager, if I take screenshot or if I look at the data usage in the settings, I can't get any access - this may have something to do with a different folder structure. I can see old files with terminal.
3) Bluetooth is not working as well as mobile data (simcard is not recognized) and sound // for now, minor issues

If there is anyone who can guess what is causing those errors, I would pretty much appreciate that. Thank you very much.

#4 zubozrout

zubozrout
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    cz - Czech Republic
  • Device Model:
    LG G-Slate, HTC One X
  • CM Version:
    10.1, 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Ok, I've fixed the first issue. Now the biggest problem is I can't access any data in the sdcard folder, the system behaves like there is nothing there, applications have no access there.

#5 cbeague

cbeague
  • Donators
  • 15 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
    cm-10
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

hello,
I am running KitKat on my Xoom everything is working except the LTE broadband. Is this a known issue, or did I do something wrong.

Thanks